White Chocolate Raspberry Scones




Dessert again! Although I would argue that this could be a breakfast too - just a sweet one, and who doesn't need that from time to time? My son and I workshopped these this summer, so (tragically) we both had to eat a lot of scones this year. As we move into the cooler weather, they are going to be a perfect fruity bite of summer to accompany a hot mug of tea!


INGREDIENTS:

490g ALL-PURPOSE FLOUR

54g RICE FLOUR

200g WHITE SUGAR

2 Tbsp BAKING POWDER

6g SALT

170g BUTTER

150g BUTTERMILK

220-240g SOURDOUGH DISCARD

2 EGGS

3 tsp VANILLA (I used rum infused with vanilla bean)

220g RASPBERRIES (fresh or frozen)

300g WHITE CHOCOLATE CHIPS


DIRECTIONS:

1. Mix together the flours and, in a separate bowl, toss the raspberries in a little bit of the flour mixture

2. Add the rest of the dry ingredients, then cut in the butter

3. Mix together the wet ingredients, then combine with the dry

4. Fold in chocolate chips, then raspberries

5. Roll out dough and cut into approximately 16 wedges or circles

6. Bake at 375 Fahrenheit for 18 minutes or until slightly golden at the edges


NOTES:

  • If you are struggling with folding in the raspberries, I recommend rolling the dough and cutting into circles before adding the raspberries, then sandwiching the berries in between two circles like a little sandwich 
  • Top with coarse vanilla sugar for a nice finishing touch

Comments